Bobby Flay, Danny Meyer, Gabrielle Hamilton, Guy Fieri… pick your favorite chef, chances are they have a special recipe of how to make the best burger. The question isn’t why are they all leading the trend, the question becomes why are we so obsessed with burgers?
Because they are good! In reality, that could be the end of this blog, but there is more to it than that.
1. Burgers are cheap! Ok, so maybe not cheap, but definitely lower in cost than a $33 piece of fish that contains half the quantity of meat. When you go to a restaurant that serves burgers on its menu, it is fairly common to see the burger cost about half the other entrees. It is more filling and it normally can be accompanied by a massive pile of fries.
2. Burgers are easy to eat. Since the meat is already ground, it is easier to chew and easier to digest. As a plus, it is served on a bun making it easy to pick up and take a bite. No cutting, only lifting. The bun is extremely important. Check out our blog from August 2020 to learn more about the bun.
3. Burgers can be served with an array of side items. At River City Cafe your burgers can be served with fries or our massive onion rings. If fries are not exciting enough for you on their own, you can dress them up with cheese, chili, bacon, and jalapenos. Or maybe you are more of a mushrooms and gravy fan, we can do that too. Or better yet, check out our sweet potato waffle fries.
4. Burgers are familiar. Sometimes we go out to dinner because we don’t want to be tasked with coming up with something at home. Sometimes we just want to sit and enjoy ourselves. Sometimes we want something familiar. Burgers solve that problem for us.
5. While they are familiar, burgers are NOT boring! All it takes is a quick scan of the River City Cafe menu to see that burgers can be traditional, outlandish, and anything in between. At one end, we have a house cheeseburger that gives you your choice of cheese and is served with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, mustard, and mayo. The flip side of the spectrum offers the Kitchen Sink. It features two patties topped with homemade Texas chili, hickory smoked bacon, grilled onions, jalapenos, sauteed fresh mushrooms, Swiss, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, pickles, mustard, mayo, and then uses two grilled cheese sandwiches for buns before we throw two massive onion rings on top.
At River City Cafe we are all about the burger! And we have been for more than 30 years. Our burgers are affordable, have many side item options, and are familiar because they are something you might just be crazy enough to try to make at home. Andthey are definitely not boring! At River City Cafe you can find burgers with pineapple, peanut butter, bananas, Doritos, bacon jam (yes, I said bacon jam!), or even macaroni and cheese on top of them. Because at River City Café, we want you to love your food. You should LOVE your food. We do.